Choosing the perfect 14k gold men’s wedding bandPosted | Updated
“Gold is forever. It is beautiful, useful, and never wears out. Small wonder that gold has been prized over all else, in all ages, as a store of value that will survive the travails of life and the ravages of time.” -James Blakeley
Gold is the stuff of legend. From the pharaohs of ancient Egypt to the Forbidden City of Beijing, from the Aztecs and Incas to El Dorado, from Spanish Conquistadors to swashbuckling pirates and the frenzy of the California Gold Rush, gold has captured our imaginations and has been the object of countless battles and adventures throughout history.
The allure of gold continues to this day. Even with new and exciting wedding ring materials hitting the scene, gold remains as popular as ever. But searching online for a 14 karat gold men’s wedding band can be a bit of a bumpy ride. Like a pirate on a quest for treasure, you sail bravely into a turbulent ocean. Lucky for you, Jordan Jack shines on the horizon with a 14 karat gold wedding ring selection that will knock your pirate boots clean off. Plus, our stress-free Home Try On Service is sure to shiver your timbers (in a good way, we promise). Ready to dive in? Avast ye, me hearties!
Let’s talk about gold, baby.
Too Many Karats to Dazzle (and Confuse) the Eyes
When shopping for a 14k gold band ring, you may quickly become dizzy over the different karats of gold that are available. 10k, 14k, 18k, 24k…what’s the difference? Which is best for a men’s wedding band?
When we talk about karats in gold jewelry we’re really describing the ratio of pure gold to other metals with which it is alloyed. Gold is alloyed with other metals to make it stronger and more durable so that it can be used in various ways. Pure gold is 24 karat gold. 24k gold is gold that has not been mixed or alloyed with other metals.
Hold up…does that mean the others aren’t real gold or that anything less than 24k gold is inferior?
No, not at all. 10k, 14k, and 18k gold are all made of real gold. The less karats, the lower the percentage of pure gold, but that doesn’t make one type of gold better than the others. Each type has its pros and cons and each is best suited for different applications. Here’s the breakdown:
- 24k Gold: 24k is pure gold. While it has its place in gold bars, collectible items, gold leaf, and similar applications, 24k gold isn’t the best for making wedding jewelry. Because 24k is so soft, it scratches and bends very easily. A pure gold wedding band would not be practical for daily wear. 24 karat gold is also the most expensive of the available types of gold and can easily cost twice as much as its alloyed counterparts.
- 18k Gold: 18 karat gold is 75% pure gold and is considered the maximum ratio of pure gold for practical use in wedding jewelry. 18k gold still scratches easily and is quite expensive, so it’s not the most popular for wedding rings.
- 14k Gold: In 14 karat gold, 14 of its 24 parts are pure gold. The remainder is an alloy that makes it much more durable than both 18k and 24k gold. 14k gold is the most popular for wedding jewelry as it hits the sweet spot at the intersection of affordability, quality, and wearability. At Jordan Jack, all of our gold bands are 14 karat gold. We pride ourselves on the quality of our materials and our affordable pricing. Jordan Jack’s 14k gold men’s wedding bands are a testament to our commitment and values. Our rings tell the world who we are.
- 10k Gold: While 10k gold is very affordable and the most durable of the types of gold, it isn’t often used in wedding jewelry due to its comparatively low pure gold content. Since it has a much higher alloy content, 10 karat gold has a greater potential to cause skin irritation for those allergic to silver, nickel, copper, or other alloy metals.
Jordan Jack’s Favorite 14 Karat Gold Wedding Rings
Now that you know all the ins and outs of the different gold types, let’s go for gold as we look at our favorite 14k gold bands. When you buy a 14 karat gold men’s wedding band from Jordan Jack you’ll know you’re getting second-to-none quality, impeccable style, and unbeatable pricing.
Let’s have a look in the treasure chest, shall we?
- 14k Yellow Gold High Polished Milgrain Band, 5mm: This is a beautiful highly polished men’s 14k gold ring. It features a shimmering smooth center band flanked by a detailed milgrain edge. Its narrow width and comfort fit make it easy wearing while its timeless styling make it a ring that will last into your golden years and beyond.
- 14k Yellow Gold High Polished Band, 6mm: When you think of the classic 14 karat gold wedding ring, this is the one that comes to mind. A luxurious finish carries throughout the entire band, creating a smooth inner band that feels great on your finger. The comfort fit rounds it out to make this a perfect marriage of elegance and wearability.
- 14k Yellow Gold High Polished Band, 4mm: The narrower twin of our 6mm high polished band, this ring features the same gorgeous finish and comfort fit in a slimmer package. This is a 14 karat gold band to suit all tastes and styles.
Looking for a 14k Gold Men’s Wedding Band with Diamonds?
A 14k gold diamond wedding band is always a stunning choice. At Jordan Jack, our commitment to making affordable rings means we get creative to bring you the styles you want at prices you’ll love. Since 14 karat gold is expensive and diamonds are likewise expensive, we’ve found ways to give you the same look with a more palatable price tag.
- Our Stainless Steel and Diamond Band combines the look of white gold and diamonds with industrial strength durability. Ten round brilliant diamonds sit in a brushed finish stainless steel center band. High polished edges and inner band provide a smooth contrast and modern feel. This one is perfect for the man who wants the impression of a 14k gold band with diamonds but needs the toughness of stainless steel.
- Jordan Jack’s Titanium Diamond Solitaire Band is another great choice when you love the look of a 14k gold men’s diamond ring but need something that can handle a lot of wear and tear. The oh-so-durable titanium band features a beautiful brushed finish with a single diamond solitaire nestled right in its center. If you work hard with your hands but like to show your more refined side, this one’s for you.
There’s Gold in Them Hills!
Well, in a website actually.
Whether you’re looking for a 14k gold men’s wedding band or a 14k gold diamond band, Jordan Jack has what you want! In addition to 14 karat gold rings, we also have an amazing selection of other types of wedding bands made with today’s best wedding ring metals and materials. The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is Jordan Jack’s unique Home Try On service that allows you to choose your favorites and try them on in the comfort of your own home. It’s like having the goose that laid the golden egg at your command 24/7.
Visit Jordan Jack to find your own perfect ring and you’ll feel like you’ve found the motherlode!